May 22nd, 2023
Fascinating discussion with Professor at Cnam (Conservatoire national des arts et métiers) Alain BAUER as our guest speaker at a breakfast meeting at Cabinet SAMMAN to talk about security in all of its facets. Below were some of the salient points:
- The #cyber issue is assimilated – wrongly – to an issue of IT security;
- More digital use mechanically leads to more victims of cyberattacks;
- The #Snowden scandal contributed to the democratization of cyber-espionage tools which hackers now use in pursuit of a wide variety of objectives;
- We are living through several simultaneous crises: social, health, security, military, etc. for which we must be prepared;
- The digital space doesn’t provide enough protection for individuals and the issue raised by online anonymity has not been resolved when digital identity might be an efficient and necessary tool to fight against #cybercrime.
- It will take a collective trauma before the issue of the protection of the digital space is tackled.